1. A few days last week I went outside and it felt as though the wind was slicing my face. Spring cannot some soon enough. Here’s some stuff and some things.
2. I liked this post from Channing in the City about 100 things no one tells you when you move to New York. You can negotiate your rent? Good to know.
3. We’ve all chosen the wrong profession because whoever runs the Barbie Style Instagram page has it made. So far Barbie has been to fashion weeks all over the world, award shows, and has had designer clothes made for her tiny little body. Why did I pursue higher education? This could’ve been my job.
4. I’ve been working on my fitness for a while and I am now 13 pounds away from my goal weight (woo hoo). It’s too cold to run so now I do random workout videos on Youtube. TaeBo, Jillian Michaels, cheesy videos from the 90’s. There’s lots of variety and I never get bored. Anyway I’ve built up a collection of Target C9 workout clothing which I love because they’re inexpensive, come in loud prints, and are similar in quality to Nike workout clothes. I’d also love these rose print Lululemon pants but at $98, well a girl can dream.
5. Darn, I missed the Chinese New Year parade in China Town yesterday.
6. I’m sure everyone on Earth has seen this by now but the Saved by the Bell reunion on the Jimmy Fallon Show was quite funny! Screech wasn’t there but no one cares about him.
9. Have you seen the new subway courtesy ads? Down with man spreading! Two guys in body suits decided to recreate and film them.
10. I’m bookmarking this. Where to eat Chinese food in NYC.
11. Since I don’t drive anymore (I love public transportation more than anything) I don’t listen to the radio so it takes forever for new music to trickle down to me. I just discovered Meghan Trainor and I love Lips Are Movin’ (yes I know it’s old as hell) and Bloom by The Paper Kites. Seriously though how do non-drivers discover new music?
12. Every weekend I go to Trader Joe’s at a different time in the hopes of scoring everything on my grocery list. And every weekend I am thwarted. This time the bagged avocados were all gone. I swear I will master New York Trader Joe’s eventually.
13. What menu items didn’t work out at Shake Shack? A quick interview with Danny Meyer, Shake Shack CEO Randy Garruti, and the first manager of the Madison Square Park Shake Shack, Carla Lalli Music.