It’s hot but you’ll hear no complaints from me. Warmth is better than a polar vortex. Here’s some stuff, and some things.
1. I was invited to a party showcasing Austrian products at Cafe Katja and I am now in love with Austrian people! Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and when I was hesitant about trying some of the food they jumped in to explain what as being served. And it was all good. Spaetzle is my new jam. Cafe Katja I will be back.
My favorite product was gourmet chocolate from a Brooklyn company called Antidote Chocolate. Right now I’m munching on a lavender and red salt chocolate bar. Check out the flecks of salt and the pieces of lavender. I like fancy details like that. All of Antidote chocolate bars are made with mostly raw and roasted cacao and less sugar which means you can eat an entire bar in one sitting and you’re still eating healthy. (I may have made that last part up, ha). I want to try Mango + Juniper next, and probably Banana + Cayenne, and you know what, Ginger + Panela looks good too. See the rest of the flavors here.
2. Do you remember the explosion that destroyed Pommes Frites in the East Village? They are trying to reopen and have started an Indiegogo campaign. Donate if you can.
3. If you watch The Walking Dead and like Norman Reedus you’ll find this tumblr funny.
5. Congratulations to Misty Copeland,the first African American principal dancer of the American Ballet Theatre. Black girls rock!
6. How to make a toasted marshmallow shake via Smitten Kitchen.
7. Meryl Streep in 1979 and today, in the same dress. Still a fox and no plastic surgery. The rest of Hollywood should take note.
8. This couple took wedding photos at Shake Shack. Obviously I love them.
9. An artist in Chicago fixes potholes with mosaics. They’re so beautiful.
10. A picture drawn by Melissa Iwai of The Hungry Artist depicting what dads in Brooklyn look like. It’s spot on, absolutely perfect and hilarious.
12. Check out the hashtag #TheAfricaTheMediaNeverShowsYou for some inspiring pics and stories from the motherland. It’s not all poverty war crimes.
13. You can buy edible cookie dough now. PB & J is calling my name.
14. Gilmore Girls reunion. Everyone was there (except Suki). I could cry. “Where you lead, I will follow.”
16. I went to the NYC Pride Parade and Gandalf (Sir Ian McKellen) was Grand Marshal! Gandalf I loooooovvvvvveeee you.